We are seeking a LITERACY SPECIALIST to help students excel academically in reading, writing, language, speaking, and listening. Candidates will be assigned to nonpublic schools throughout the Chicago Public School District attendance area, providing in-person classroom and non-classroom supplemental academic tutoring to students individually, and in small groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the academic need of each student and implement instructional strategies
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, principals, and parents to determine the academic strengths, weaknesses, and/or areas for enhancements of each student
- Engage in best practices for instructional strategies
- Utilize creative instructional methods to complement each child’s learning modality
- Create quarterly student service plans for each student
- Engage in ongoing professional development provided by the company
- Work collaboratively with the company management team
- Maintain required documentation on-site and via the company TEAMS portal
- Communicate student achievement via progress reports to classroom teachers, school administrators, and parents
- A Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education (or related field)
- Previous experience in teaching, tutoring, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with students, teachers and parents
- Sufficient knowledge of core educational subjects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must be able to work independently, display good judgment and possess excellent organizational and communication skills. Criminal background checks will be conducted on all candidates. Selected candidates are required to attend all scheduled meetings and professional development trainings.
Personal Characteristics and Attributes:
Respondents for this position must be creative, compassionate towards children, possess a firm belief that all students can learn, and have a detail-oriented work style. Candidates shall possess good relationship-building skills, as well as the desire and ability to motivate, mentor and encourage students.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
Candidates must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination status and abide by assigned school covid protocols.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Teaching: 2 years (Required)
- Academic Education: 2 years (Required)
- State Endorsement in ELA (Required)
Work Location: In person
Contact[email protected]To apply, send a resume to: Human Resources DMDL, INC. 1111 N. Wells, Suite 502 Chicago, Illinois 60610 Email: